Firefox for Android is built on the same technology platform as Firefox for desktop computers, just optimized for browsing on a mobile device. The new version released comes with bug fixes and new technology features. There are now over 160 add-ons for Firefox for mobile, and counting. Thanks to the awesome community, the number of exciting compatible add-ons increases constantly.
The latest version of Firefox for Android has the following changes
- Getting you to the web faster:
- The new first-run experience gets you directly to the home page and briefly shows you browser features in the side panels. Firefox starts up faster and uses less memory.
- Creating a better web experience:
- Higher-quality image scaling (on devices with NEON-compatible processors). Smoother zooming, less pixelation, crisper display of logos.
- First wave of improvements for large-screen tablets: Optimizing Firefox for larger tablet devices, e.g. by adjusting UI elements, buttons, font size. We will be releasing more significant tablet optimizations within the next few releases.
- Better integration of Form Assistant for a smoother user experience</A=HREF”HTTPS:>
- Visual refresh with new Gingerbread theme for phones running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread): A fresh look for the browser to look even more beautiful on Gingerbread.
- Universal Access: Optimized rendering of pages that use RTL layout (languages like Arabic, Hebrew)
- Important improvements “under the hood” and new technology features
- Touch Events (part 1 – single touch only): Expose touch events to content for better interaction with web pages and services, and improved compatibility with existing web content.
- IndexedDB database storage for web pages
- Orientation and accelleration for web pages. Conforms to Editor’s Draft 5 July 2011.
- Automatic text hyphenation with the -moz-hyphens CSS property (see bug 253317)
- All Firefox versions now support animated CSS Transitions
- Improved performance and memory management
- More bug fixes and enhancements