Today I messed up my Google search engine in address bar, when I installed some software (Facemoods).So I searched for few tricks to restore my search engine back to Google.Here are some of the ways for changing it.
1.Changing in Firefox
- Open Firefox and entre “about:config” in a new tab.Now you will get a warning, click “ I’ll be careful “ button.
- Now search for “ keyword.url “ from the filter box.Now double click on the value field and enter any of the following according to your need and click ok.
2.Changing in Google Chrome
- Changing in Chrome is easy, just go to Options from Setting option.
- Now you can see Search under Basic tab, containing all the popular search engines.Choose anything according to your need.
- If you want to add any new search engine, just click manage and then add your search code.
3.Changing in Internet Explorer
- Open you browser and click the small arrow in the search box ( the default search engine is Bing). Now click find more providers from the option.
- Now Add-on Gallery will open, choose any type of search engine you want.For Google, click search in the category option from side bar and click add to internet Explorer.
- Now you will get add-on box.Click make this as default search engine and click ADD.
- You can change back to Bing from Manage Search engine options from drop down menu